Fabulous guide to Bali


Since I had a few requests from friends to share my essential Bali guide, here is my version of  travel guide. If you're expecting a travel destination kind of blog, you won't find it here sorry guys. My trip is more of chill out, explore what locals do, cafe and of course shopping. But this is because I'd been to Bali a few times and done all touristy things many years ago. So if this is what you are looking for, here we go and hope you find it somehow useful in someway.

Normally when I plan my trip, I would do a research in advance mostly on Pinterest and Instagram. I would look through the geolocation and see what people do or go to. Pinterest can be very useful too as you can search from the destination, what to pack and place to go. So I found this blog from Pinterest which is very good and reliable for me. https://www.bontraveler.com/home/indonesia/-the-hip-guide-to-seminyak-bali and https://www.bontraveler.com/home/indonesia/the-immersive-guide-to-ubud-bali.

My girlfriend and I decided to go to Ubud and Seminyak this time as our aim is to just chill and relax on our holiday. If you have never been to Bali, there are so many different areas to go depends on your preference. Ubud is more like serene, relaxing and slow pace. Think of rice field, organic and yoga retreats. Whilst Seminyak is a hip and cool area if you are a fan of Australian cafe culture, beaches, surfing and nightlife.

The first 2 nights, we stayed in Ubud area. The happening areas are along 3 streets around Monkey Forest street. You will find small cute shops range from jewelry, basket, handcraft, batik shop among Hindi temple. Balinese are very religious and take their tradition seriously. It always intrigues me to see them wearing traditional costume for ceremonies at their local temples when we browsing the streets.

  • Ubud Art Market ❤ If you are a fan of raffia bags and baskets, yes this is the place to go to. The selections in each stores are quite similar to each other. So my tip is better check around to see the designs and price range before make a decision. 

Photo: Courtesy of apairandsparediy.com
  • My recommended cafe in Ubud this trip would be Watercress Cafe ❤ An Australian owned cafe on JL. Monkey Forest. Coffee is great and the food we ordered are great! The place is cosy and casual for relaxing after your expedition.
Our nice healthy brunch at Watercress Cafe
  • Sunbath jewelry ❤ on JL.Hanoman is one of my great find. I love the delicate, simple and cute jewelry there. They straightaway give hippy and holidays vibes once I put them on. You can find a variety of stones selections in reasonable price point. I bought a necklace and anklet which I still wear them back home.
Photo: Courtesy of Sunbath Jewelry
  • After a long day from shopping and exploring, we found this cute and stylish spa "Fresh!"❤ on the way back to our hotel from the back of Ubud Art Market on Jl.Dewisita. The place is well decorated and clean. The service was great. We tried foot spa on the first day and went back again on the 2nd day.
Photo: Courtesy of Balispaguide.com
It's been long enough. So to be continue with my Seminyak guide next week... xxx

Comments

Popular Posts