Basket perfect!

I think most of us already know and aware of a big summer trend right now. It's summer baskets in all shapes and details. And you probably saw many trends reports and articles about this trend. This blog today is from my point of view as I can say that I have been using baskets for quite a while and it's somehow timeless. It would be disrespectful if we wouldn't mention the original person behind this trend, the fashion icon of all time and a muse for the most well known handbag "Jane Birkin". Her virsion of course we called in a common term here "Jane Birkin wicker basket" You will find her photos carried this wicker basket around all the time with every look.

Jane Birkin in the 70s circa


Back to our days, one of my style inspiration is Ms. Jenny Walton from The Satorialist. She always mixes designers with vintage and street brands which turns out amazing and original.


Ms.Jenny Walton 
Photo: Courtesy of Tommy Ton 


So it doesn't have to be only this season if you like them in terms of look, functionality as there are so many beautiful baskets or bags to choose from. My favorite are range from a raffia bag from Ubud art market I found during my holiday for 20usd to the Ark bamboo basket from Cult Gaia. Here are my favorite list.

 
Ubud Art market selection is amazing! 
Photo: Courtesy of apairandasparediy.com



  
IKEA  Fladis basket 12.90 USD
Photo: Courtesy of IKEA

Kate Spade beehive raffia bag from past season 
Photo: Courtesy of Kate Spade


Prada version of wicker basket
Photo: Courtesy of Prada






'


shop this at  willowsouvenir.etsy.com/

Comments

Popular Posts