Liverpool re-visit - What I did in 1 day.


As a Liverpool fan for life, I'd actually been to Liverpool and Anfield twice in my flying days (alone). In order to celebrate their EUFA Champion's League title, I decided in the last minute to take a solo train trip to Liverpool for my third time.

This one of the thing that keep me and my friends in a good relationship for so long. We've never put pressure on each other and give freedom and space as much as the other person need. In this case, I understand that my friend wouldn't enjoy it as much as I would so why waste the time and money just to keep other person company. We are a grown up and mature women in our 40s so no nonsense and drama needed.

So I booked a train via The TrainLine app, there are different times and price here which quite good compared to the other website. I picked the earliest train schedule at 6.36am and 8pm train back to London town in order to make the most of the time there.

The app was quite helpful as it'd tell you how many stops to go, when to change the train and which platform to go to. It takes around 3 hrs by train from London Euston station to Liverpool Lime Street station.

On  Virgin Train - way too early

Changing the train

After one flat white, sandwich and a good book, I arrived at Lime Street station at 9am. As Anfield is quite far from the city centre, I called a cab to go to the stadium. Right after I notified the lovely Scouser(another name for Liverpooldian) cab driver of my destination, he asked: "What are you going to do in Anfield, Love?" I know I know with my look, it doesn't really fir the football fan profile so this was funny to hear. So we started to chat about how great they've been doing this season and etc. Then we agreed that he will be my tour guide driving me around to the city tourist attractions for half a day at 80 £. I think it is a good decision for me to avoid walking and calling another cab in each location and also kill time for the day until my journey back to London.




I started at Anfield first to avoid the crowd during the day, surprisingly there were already a group of school kids in my slot. This stadium tour cost 20£. You can also book the stadium tour online as well to save time to queue. It takes around 1.30hrs to complete the tour. They will take you through all the rooms, locker room for both away team and home team, cafeteria, press conference room, press area, This is Anfield sign and of course the pitch. I have to say that the tour has improved a lot from my last time here. There is staff who explain what usually happens in each room and some stories about Klopp and each player.



View of the Kop stand

Press conference room

Locker Room





The legendary "This is Anfield" sign

It was raining really heavily after the tour finished, luckily Tony my cabby/tour guide was already waiting for me outside. Our next stop was the training ground " Melwood" but unfortunately it is not open for public and no training on that day. One of my request was to take photo at Jurgen Klopp wall. This wall is actually a graffiti on an auto shop wall in the middle of nowhere. So lucky that I have Tony that day!




Then we started the Beatles tour from John Lennon's house, Sir Paul McCartney's house. Unfortunately Strawberry Field was closed for construction so our last stop was The Beatles Hotel in the city centre and the Cavern pub.



The Cavern Club - a centre of the rock and roll scene in Liverpool in the early 1960s, regularly hosted The Beatles in their early year.

My tour guide for the day"Tony"

It was the perfect timing for lunch at the Beatles's Hard Days Night Hotel otherwise I'd be collapse anytime soon.


Original lithograph signed by John Lennon on the wall of the restaurant among other The Beatles stuffs

Cumberland Sausage and mash potato
With "The Lad"

From the city centre, I walked over to the Royal Albert Dock, one of the city landmark. From there, you can see the city hall with the Liver bird (A mythical creature which is Liverpool city's symbol) statue on the top.


When you are in Liverpool, the place that you shouldn't miss is The Beatles Story Museum at the Royal Albert Dock. It will take you to the beginning of the band's members through their fame and each era. The ticket costs 17£ and it takes around 1 hour to finish. The exit will take you to the Fab Four shop which I bought John Lennon inspired sunglasses for 3£.











Inside The Cavern Club

In Zara biker jacket, white t shirt/nylon bag/ankle boots from Prada and Miu Miu Psychedelic print skirt




John Lennon in different moods


My favorite one

The white room playing Imagine

The poster at FAB FOUR shop

Wearing 3 £ Lennon's sunny and earrings from Pamelo

This was pretty much my one day in Liverpool. I hope you'll enjoy reading and find some useful info for your future trip.

Next stop, I will take you to Edinburgh, Scotland! Until next time 💋

Comments

Popular Posts