My Cologne travel journal Part 1

 Hello gorgeous!!!

It's been ages since my last blog (2 years to be exact) Well...I had been busy with corporate life and all. But now I'm taking a short break for my well being also with many projects coming up. I will take time traveling, taking self-development sessions, eat healthily, exercise more, meditate more, writing blogs and last but not least planning my wedding. So...I'd like to start out with my Europe trip last September with my fiance. We traveled to Cologne or Koln, Germany to visit his parents and continued to Italy. So this blog will be our travel journal the land of🍺🍺🍺.

We stayed at the 25 hours hotel in the Ring area which is very convenient to go around by walking distance. What I learned from this trip is the parking fee in Germany is super expensive!!! and to have a parking house here is the best business!

25hours hotel website: https://www.25hours-hotels.com/en/hotels/cologne/the-circle

The 25 Hours Hotel brand is a small and successful German hotel group. Most properties are in Germany and they expanding to Florence, Vienna, and Paris. I would say that this is a "hipster hotel" with relaxing service style and different themes in each location according to the heritage and character of that city, for example, marine theme in Hamburg as it is a harbor city and for Cologne, they use the 60s and future Utopia theme. The theme will be reflected in all areas from the lobby to the rooms. What I like about this hotel is the breakfast room with the view of Koln Dom.
Lobby Area 

View from the breakfast room
Our elevator selfie- My dress and t-shirt from Prada and earrings from Miu Miu
Since this is my first Germany visit in the past 10 years after I stopped flying as a cabin crew, I had a few food checklists that I need to fulfill:

Currywurst ✅
Pork Schnitzel✅
One place that you definitely have to go when you are in Cologne is the "Brauhaus" or brewing house which you will also have to try their local beer call "Kolsch". This beer will only be served in Koln and nowhere else in Germany. It comes in small glasses that the waiter will come around with a carrier. They will keep replacing a new glass for you unless you put the coaster on top of the glass.

Paeffgen Brauhaus in Friesenstrasse
My German guide recommended a few brewing houses as below.

  • Paeffgen in Friesenstrasse - a great old cologne style brewing house with one of the best Kolsch because of its uniqueness in color and taste compared to the others. Address: Friesenstrasse 64-66, 50670 website: http://www.paeffgen-koelsch.de
  • Brauhaus zur Maizmuhle - A 150 years old family brewery with modern rooms, casual dining, and a traditional Brauhaus beer hall. Address: Heumarkt 6, 50667. website https://brauereizurmalzmuehle.de
After my checklists were ticked, now it's time to do some sightseeing....

The first place we were heading to definitely had to be the "Koln Dom" or "Cologne Dome". We took a walk from the Ring area there as we wanted to see the city and architecture along the way.

My top, denim pants and military jacket are vintages, bucket bag, scarf, sneakers, and earrings are Miu Miu


At the front of the dome


The stained glass by the famous German artist Gerhard Richter



And I decided to do some exercise by climbing up the dome 🙈 


Beautiful details at the top part.


And at last the view from the top.

I hope you will enjoy reading and until next time... 💋




Comments

Popular Posts