Be fabulous in Florence

Hello Gorgeous!!!

Here is the last part of my 2018 summer trip and the most memorable trip for me. This is where my boyfriend proposed to me in September!!!

From Milano, we took a train to Florence which took around 2hrs to get there. We also stayed at Airbnb in the city center area via del Giglio. This beautiful old apartment has fresco on the wall with a high ceiling. And it was so close to every tourist attraction which was so convenient for us to be able to walk back for a short rest after a long walk during the day.
In our Airbnb apartment

In front of the beautiful wooden door - in Pich_Studio custom made dress, Shabby de Hat's boater hat, Tribe Official sandals, and Miu Miu bucket bag.


Everything in Florence is in a walking distant and easy to find. I also use the Citymapper app here which was very convenient to get around. My boyfriend and I did a little research for the place to shop and to eat so here we go!

To shop

It's always fun to explore the small streets of Florence, you will find many small shops along the way from accessories, vintage, handmade shoes and etc. Just to walk along these cobbled streets and old buildings made me feel very happy as you wouldn't know what to expect in the next corner. Vintage is a big thing here so you will find a good stock range from local designers to designers.

Epoca Vintage (Via Dei Fossi, 6 R)
Just before we reached the bridge, we found this vintage store by chance. You will find a wide range of RTW, shoes, bags, and accessories at a friendly price. I found this 1970s pretty silk dress there and fell in love straight away. This shop has both Men and Women sections so you can have your boyfriend entertained while you do your vintage hunting.

Marie Antoinette Firenze (Via Della Spada, 38/r) Instagram: marieantoinette.firenze
I actually found this shop during my business trip there. They have quite impressive stocks from big designers and I found a vintage Prada skirt from F/W 2004 collection there!!! They also have many quirky accessories and headbands. Don't forget to check out their basement floor.

Boutique Nadine (Lungarno Acciaiuoli 22r) Instagram: @boutiquenadine
This cute shop located along the riverside to Pont Vecchio. I really love their jewelry selections there range from earrings, necklaces, bracelets to unique headbands.


In my newly found vintage dress from Epoca Vintage and Miu Miu earrings 


Calzature Francesso Da Firenze (Via Santo Spirito 62r)
I found out about this shoemaker from Jenny Walton and saved the address for this trip. We took a walk across the bridge to Francesco's shoe shop and arrived just before the shop close. Francesco has both ready stocks on display and made to order service. Once we confirmed with the size, he told me that the shoes will be ready the next day.   I love love love the sandals so much as it can go with every look plus you wouldn't be able to find them anywhere else ( well...Zara just did the similar one last season in case you are interested)



To Eat and Drink



With my first Bellini - in Oysho bodysuit, Prada skirt, Francesso de Firenze sandals, Miu Miu pearl earrings, and Rockingdoll vintage clutch. 


Manifattura (Piazza San Pancrazio 1\r)
This place is highly recommended for aperitivo after your long shopping day. Cocktails are divine with excellent service and knowledgable staff. We really had a great time there and I even went back there afterward. I'd recommend you to try Bellini(fresh peach puree mixed with prosecco) in summer.  They have a wide range of bitter selections if you are into Italian cocktails. There is a light dinner menu available as well.

Kunnibio Firenze (Via de Conti)
This beautiful hidden bar we found while we stroll along the cobbled stone street and it was heaven to rest our feet with a nice and cold Aperol Spritz.

Trattoria Zaza Firenze (Piazza del Mercato Centrale 25)
A cozy, home cooking restaurant with the comfort food menu. Recommended making a reservation as it can get very busy in the evening. I love the deep-fried artichoke there.

Mercato Centrale ( located between Via dell' Ariento, Via Sant' Antonio, Via Panicale and Piazza del Mercato Centrale)
This is Florence Central market what you can find everything involving food! It's fun to go there and see all the fresh produce and explore Florence delicatessen.


Il Santino (Via Santo Spirito 60r)
This cozy wine bar is located right next to Francesco's shop. We love the vibe there, nice wine and light snack selections. I tried the meatballs and it's divine!!



To do

I wouldn't mention much about all the tourist attractions as you can find in every travel guide. What we did this time was the Vespa Tour!! You can choose to be a passenger or if your man can ride a scooter, that'll be a plus. The tour guide picked us up with a bus from the city center to the other side of the river to brief us about how to maneuver the scooter, Then we took a ride through Tuscany in around 3 hours. It was a nice experience to see this breathtaking view. There are different types of Vespa tour that you can do vineyard tour as well( since I don't drink so we think that it's kind of waste).
The famous Pont Vecchio
Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flower

Basilica of Santa Maria Novella


View from Piazzale Michelangelo

Vespa Tour!!

And I said Yes!!!

On our last day, my boyfriend surprised me by saying that we will move across the river to stay in another hotel which I had no idea. We arrived at this gorgeous hotel" AdAstra Hotel Particulier" This hotel is a private own located in the property with the largest European private garden. I found that the service, interior, and small details are just perfect. But what I didn't know was after our last dinner in Italy and came back to the room, there were a big rose bouquet and champagne waiting for us. So I thought "oh! another surprise! May be to celebrate our last day of this trip. Then by surprise, he proposed to me with all tears and overwhelming emotion. I said YES!
Well...we don't have an engagement ring like most couple but he gave me the most beautiful and elegant heirloom bracelet which he picked with his mom. We're in a process on wedding preparation in 2019 so hopefully, I'll be able to share our meaningful moment with you guys soon.

Our hotel room

In @Swanneegrace vintage dress, Castaner espadrilles and Rockingdoll's vintage pouch.





Ciao for now Bella ðŸ’‹

Comments

Popular Posts